MBA Candidate —Class of 2022 Tepper School of Business
MBA Candidate — Class of 2022 Tepper School of Business
- Managed and executed the development of Falconhurst Apartments (Wilkinsburg, PA); An $11m, 33-unit scattered site rehabilitation project utilizing historic and low-income housing tax credits. The project won the National Preservation Award (National Trust for Historic Preservation 2017)
- Utilize Geo-Spatial and Data analysis tools to analyze and map neighborhood vacancies, tax delinquency, vacant historic structures and related development indicators, to ascertain blight areas and neighborhoods that are in need of revitalization through rehab or construction related redevelopment initiatives
- Work with large real estate data sets to identify market trends to help the organization identify problem areas and make informed strategic decisions
- Work closely with the President and provide assistance in implementing multifaceted, real estate development strategies throughout various project phases (site acquisition, contracts, surveys, financing, construction, marketing)
- Provide underwriting support to the President and Loan officer for analysis during the underwriting process
- Analyze and assess budgets, operating pro-formas, financial statements and generate cash flow waterfalls based on various entity structures and investment criterion, to ensure compliance and provide insights on project health
- Provide accurate documentation, reporting, and data collection to ensure compliance of grants, loans, historic tax credits, low income housing tax credits and/or public-private partnerships
- Prepare marketing materials including flyers, brochures and signage for various projects when required
- Collaborate with all subsidiaries of PHLF to draft and prepare federal, state, county and city applications in an efficient manner. This requires creating timelines for each project, coordinating with all the stakeholders involved, and putting deliverables together in an orderly manner
- Act as a liaison between all project stakeholders and employ project management skills to organize deliverables, meet deadlines and provide regular progress updates
- Manage design and workflow for PHLF’s internal database and develop tools to facilitate export of data points into spreadsheet software for further analysis
- Proposed and developed the current online inventory management system for Pakistan Railways, eliminating monthly manual reports, curbing inventory theft and strengthening supervision that reduced operating costs by 13%
- Provided server management, hosting and security services to homeshopping.pk, which won 4 reliability and user experience accolades, boosting revenues by Rs.4.6 million/year, becoming Pakistan’s largest online retailer
- Designed marketing material and contributed to an alumni fundraising campaign which resulted in Heinz College winning $100,000 in endowment funds
- Responsible for designing, implementing and executing digital strategies for public, private and non-profit organizations
- Designed signage depicting cultural heritage of old Lahore at “Fort Road Food Street”; a restoration project, backed by the Provincial Government of Punjab, Pakistan, currently serving as the new food hub of Lahore
- Managed Gloria Jeans coffees Pakistan’s Facebook presence, expanding their fan base by 260,000 users, increasing revenues by 8% and, organizing store launches throughout the country
- Analyzed data from Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation to provide the UN with policy recommendations to address hate crime underreporting in the US
- Undertook the rehabilitation of the houses of five families affected by 2010 floods through a Rs.4 million (~$50,000) fundraiser campaign
- Imagining Lahore
- Literature of the Muslim World
- Assisted in the development of the Socio-Economic baseline survey conducted in Neelum Valley Pakistan, to analyze the affects of damming the Kishanganga / Neelum River by India
- I devised questionnaires and was deployed to conduct systematic data collection from 14 target villages in Kashmir. I later analyzed the data using SPSS (statistical software) which was included in the final report
- Track: Technology Strategy & Product Management
- Concentrations: Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
- Leadership: Founder of the Tepper MBA Class of 2022 Discord Community
- Memberships: Business and Technology Club, Marketing Club
- Honors: MBA Merit Scholarship, Fiserv Case Competition (First Place)
- Strategic Presentation Skills
- Professional Writing
- Intro to Database Management
- Intro to Marketing
- Business Process Modeling
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Measurement & Analysis Social Media Initiatives
- Geographic Information Systems
- Management Consulting
- Organizational Design & Implementation
- Management Science
- Financial Analysis
- Applied Economic Analysis
- Empirical Methods for Public Policy and Management
- IT Business Leadership
- Technology for International Development
- Desktop Publishing
- Policy & Politics: An International Perspective
- The Global Financial System: Growth, Crisis & Opportunity
- Acting for Management
Major: Social Sciences, Minor: Economics
- Evaluation of PennDOT’s Current Transportation Planning Process for Urban Development of Almono, Hazelwood
- Collaborating with Microsoft product marketing team to devise key metrics to understand adoption of enterprise social tools
- Mapping distribution centers & generating poverty heat-maps for Allegheny county to make recommendations for increasing in-kind contributions and improving operational efficiencies
- Mapping neighborhoods in city and county, overlaid with rental units as well as families with children, to determine impact of occupancy ordinance
Awards & Activities
- Recipient, MS Heinz Tuition Scholarship
- Winner, Telenor Pakistan gaming tournament, LUMS ’09
- Winner, Warid Telecom inter-collegiate Volleyball tournament
- Member, Heinz College, Admissions Ambassadors Program
- Member, Heinz Consulting Club
- Member, LUMS Cultural Society (LCS)
- Member, LUMS Adventure Society (LAS)
- Best delegate, Inter LUMS Model United Nations Conference ’07
- Judge, LUMS Daily Student Society Competition in LUMS Olympiad ’09
- Certificate, Standard level Certificate (IT) from University of Cambridge
- Technology, stocks, crypto, gaming, blogging, traveling, cars, music, cooking, rafting, volleyball and cricket
Management & Analytics
A merchandise store specializing in custom hand-crafted table mats and coasters using recyclable materials from Africa.
The Covid19GIS.com tracker website was created in response to the ongoing Corona Virus pandemic. It aims at increasing user awareness through interactive bar charts. These playable charts utilize time series data to track the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Currently the website offers macro level data for cases around the world with the exception of Pakistan, for which provincial level data is mapped separately.
Akletic provides martial arts uniforms that are high quality and competitively priced. The Akletic store is currently live on eBay and is planned to launch on Amazon.
- The initial goal of the Akletic Martial Arts store was to understand the intricacies of online retail, supply chain dynamics and logistics associated with FBA and FBM marketplace.
- The long term goal is to use this knowledge to expand into the online retail space through diversifying into a range of textile products. This will be accomplished by leveraging resources and contacts in the textile industry in Pakistan.
Disrupt ICO is a specialized crypto community that focuses on initial coin offerings— the IPOs of the crypto industry!
Our criteria is to evaluate projects based on a thorough analysis of team strength, platform technology, strategic corporate partnerships, active user base, involved investors, and addressable market size. Top picks are then ranked and investments are allocated accordingly.
Some of our identified successful projects include: ICX, EOS, DRGN, and IHF.
Crypto Catchers is consortium of crypto currency investors based on the Discord platform. The community was founded in response to the crypto currency boom of 2016 – 2017.
The community at Crypto Catchers aims to harness the momentum of the emerging Crypto markets by establishing an environment that allows members to pool their knowledge and skills to recognize bullish and bearish trends, learn from each other, and evaluate potential profitable investments.
During my time as an admissions ambassador at Carnegie Mellon University, I recognized the lack of resources and information available to international students especially in Pakistan. The aim is to create awareness about the educational and career opportunities in the US. To mitigate this knowledge gap, I setup gradtrunk.com, forums aimed at addressing questions from incoming international students.
In the pipeline are plans to partner with universities, allowing prospective students to connect and engage with admissions officers to facilitate informed decision making.
Realizing the influence and importance of having an online presence, I started geekntech.com; A technology blog that aims at providing its audience with tech tips, DIY guides, tutorials and mobile game reviews.
- Geek N Tech currently has 1600+ followers on Facebook
- Rather than sharing traditional articles, content is generated through visitor flow and organic search analysis
- Geek N Tech utilizes technologies such as HTML5, WordPress, Google Analytics and Google AdSense
Always finding myself overwhelmed with requests from family and friends to provide recommendations on electronics (laptops and televisions), I decided to create my own online store; Directshop.pk. This was a time when online stores in Pakistan were sparse and available infrastructure was very limited.
- The store operated for several months and was able to generate a profit of $9,000.
- WingTrades is an investment forum providing market analysis, trading strategy, stock, options, futures, and crypto currency charts
- I am a founding and lifetime member of the group and an active contributor
- I am an active member of the the Hackintosh community.
- Ported MacOS Mojave onto a 2017 Razer Blade – Windows laptop
- Developed a program to provide control of system lighting. Released it to the community for free
- Setup and tweaked a custom mining rig for mining Ethereum and Ravencoin before it became mainstream
- Used custom scripts & trackers to source and sell mining equipment during the mining boom
- Member of the mobile development website xda-developers.com
- I was a part of the development team that came up with a solution to un-brick the HTC Sensation mobile phone
- I enjoy whitewater rafting
- Tackled level 5 rapids on a whitewater rafting trip to the upper Gauley River in West Virginia
- Played volley ball at the inter collegiate level
- Was a member of the Sports at LUMS society
- Active member of the gaming community
- Participated in the “Defense Of The Ancients” (DOTA) tournament held at CMU
- I play first-person shooters, racing simulators and Fifa
- As a past time hobby I like tinkering with technology, upgrading / repairing hardware
- Contributor on ifixt.com
- I wrote a post on upgrading and troubleshooting old iMac hardware to extend its useful life. The post has helped over 500 people to date
- I am passionate about cars
- I took part in BMW of North America driving experience at Pittsburgh International SpeedWay that included six laps on a tight autocross track
- I Installed and programmed a rear view camera on my car with OEM fitment and updated the car software interface
- Cooking is one of my pastimes
- I love nature and exploring places to gain new experiences
Let’s Keep In Touch
For a quick contact scan the QR code to get all my info